Jak Dunlay OTBNZ
Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ)
Jak Dunlay is an Occupational Therapist from New Zealand. He graduated from Auckland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Health Science Degree in Occupational Therapy in 2017.
Jak has started his career in New Zealand in Cognitive and Musculoskeletal rehabilitation (facilitating people returning to work and meaningful activity after an injury). Jak has worked with a verity of ages, cultures and diagnoses. He enables his clients to engage in meaningful activities through providing interventions to enhance performance, learn skills, adapting activities and modifying the environment to suit the needs of the client.
What you can expect:
As an Occupational Therapist Jak will provide evidence-based practice to aid his clients to participate in all areas of daily living independently/at their developmental stage. This is broken into 3 fields of activity; Productive tasks (work, education, play) Selfcare tasks (bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding) and Leisurely tasks (meaningful activities that are participated in during free time). All occupations are vital to us as humans and if one field of occupation is not being met it can have a direct impact on one’s health and wellbeing.
Jak can offer a variety of services to support adults, children and their families including:
- Assessment and intervention for children with a sensory need (stimulating and calming) to manage within their home and school environments.
- Assessments and interventions for children with fine and/or gross motor skill development needs. Such as with writing and eating with utensils or coordination development.
- Education on emotional regulation and understand the emotions.
- Personalized interventions for the child and family to ensure participation in therapy and not avoiding it.
- Support for education staff and care givers to continue intervention in the child’s living and learning environment outside of therapy settings.
Jak is registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand (OTBNZ) and is passionate about providing holistic evidence-based assessment and interventions for his clients and their families.